Wednesday, December 12, 2007

These next few were specifically bought while touring with Creep Division

So there's this band Creep Division who i've been listening to for the past few years. They're made up of members of Good Riddance, Sick of it All, and I Want Out, and whatever other bands those dudes were in. Anyway, my good friend Colin and I went to California for the Last Good Riddance show around May this year. Afterwards we went to Chuck from Good Riddance's house for a BBQ because Colin is friends with him. We talked briefly about Creep Division and the idea of a reunion was mentioned. Needless to say, Colin and I were STOKED. Colin has a creep division tattoo and I'm just really into them. Craig, the singer described them as "generic hardcore in the VFW style" and that's pretty accurate in case you're wondering what they sound like. Soooooo the reunion was announced and right away, Colin and I got our plane tickets to California to join them on their first tour back. It was fucking great and I think they'll be playing around a lot more so look out for them. Their myspace is www.myspace.com/creepdivision. These are some shirts I got while on the road with them.

The first is a shirt I got at a rest stop in who knows where on the way to a show. I picked up this one and one with some deer on it, which i gave to Chuck from the band. Purchased them both for $10. I really got it because Chuck was joking about buying spirit animal shirts at rest stops on and off for the whole ride to the show, luckily i found something pretty close to it which is why i got him one too. This is a size Medium "Quail Hollow" brand (that sounds about right for this type of shirt). I don't usually wear a Medium but they didn't have any smalls, and when it comes to a shirt like this, who can be picky. It's shirts like this that make me wish i lived closer to more rest stops.



_______________________________________________________________

Now these next two shirts have a ridiculous/embarrassing/long story which I didn't even tell anyone besides Colin (who was with me) and Cousin Sal (also with me at the time of purchase) just so i could avoid getting made fun of about it. Oh and I also told Creep Division drummer Joe Fish after the tour. Now I'm not proud of this story because I made a dumb move. You could call it Highway Robbery, or just enjoying vacation. Whatever you want. Either way, it's funny to look back on.
Soooooo it's the last night of this short lived tour and Creep Division is playing at the House of Blues in Las Vegas. This was my first time in Las Vegas so I was pretty stoked at first but it eventually turned out to be overwhelming considering we only had about 2 hours to run around before the show. So I told Colin right off the bat that I HAD to buy some sweet touristy shirts before we left. While walking down the strip i see the infamous WB shirt which has the WB logo and says "If You See 'Da Police, WARNA BROTHA". What a classic. So we decide we'll stop there on the way back from seeing the sights and lights and all that good stuff. We check out some stuff for a while, meet up with Cousin Sal and hang out before the show. I realize that the show may be starting sooner than we planned, so we had to rush back there. Of course I don't forget about the shirt and i HAD to get it to keep you fine people entertained and keep my collection going. So we run in the store real quick and i figure, the shirt can't be much more than 14 bucks or somethin so i check the prices. It said $14.99 or something for a large print. PERFECT! I made sure i brought plenty of money for vacation so that wasn't too much at all. I figure...what the hell, i'll pick out another shirt. They're fairly cheap and there were a shit ton to pick from off the wall. They were set up like a down the shore style iron on you pick off the wall. if you're familiar with the jersey shore at all, you know what i'm talking about. So I see some more sweet shirts and like i said, i wanted another. I see a bunch of spirit animal shirts and one automatically caught my eye. It almost looked like an old Metallica shirt with a horse on it (see picture) so i had to get it. So i pick that one too. THEN the guy says "if you get 2, the 3rd shirt is half price". That's like music to my t shirt loving ears. So i say what the hell..."COLIN, PICK OUT A SHIRT!" So now i got colin all excited and he's looking through all of them and sees one of George Bush with devil horns. It's actually sweeter looking than it sounds. So he got that one. Now the guy starts ringing me up and asks me cash or credit. I say cash cause i had like $60 in cash on me. Then the numbers start going higher and i'm a little confused, so i say credit. The numbers are going from like $20, to $40 to $60 and finally he tells me the total was something like $121 and some change. My jaw dropped big time. I looked over at Colin and Cousin Sal, and they were both really shocked as well. Apparently the t shirt alone costs over $10 and then the shirts being Multicolored prints and some other bullshit fees included and all of this going through my head, and I don't know whats going on, next thing i know i hand the dude my card, Colin tells me he's paying for dinner the next few nights yadda yadda yadda, now i have two new super expensive shirts. Wow, the things i do for a stupid t shirt. Oh well, i had money to spend for vacation, i guess i could've just spent it on other bullshit anyway. I'm over it. Here they are, hope you enjoy them and the story as much as I do.
also, I know i'm a moron for paying for them so spare the comments please. thanks hahahah.
Oh...they are both AAA brand size small 100% cotton.

__________________________________________________________________

These last two are deadstock Creep Divsion shirts that Chuck had under his bed and gave to me. They're unworn and about 7 years old so I was really excited considering they didn't print any shirts this tour. They were given to me after tour.
The first one is a Social Pressure shirt which is one of my favorite Creep Division songs. It's a size Medium Hanes Heavyweight 100% cotton. The other is a distressed looking design of an eagle and is a Tultex brand size Medium 90% cotton, 10% polyester.

1 comment:

colin said...

i fucking LOVE that "warna brotha" shirt. i saw a true sully wearing it at fenway park a few years back and have been looking for one ever since.